Co-op Insurance offers a range of home, motor and pet insurance products and likes to be at the forefront of the Insurance industry. For example, in 2006 Co-op Insurance became the UK's first insurer to launch an Eco-Motor Insurance policy, offering customer discounts on ‘greener’ cars and the opportunity to offset the environmental impact of their driving. In 2011, we became the first major insurer to introduce a telematics product to help lower the cost of insurance for young drivers.
Co-op Insurance is the brand name used by CIS General Insurance Limited..
CIS General Insurance Limited Registered in England number 29999R - for general insurance Registered offices: Miller Street, Manchester M60 0AL.
Major presence in Manchester, Rugby, Bury St Edmunds and Nottingham
Mark Summerfield, Managing Director - Co-op Insurance
Co-op Insurance leadership team:
- James Hillon
- Charles Offord
- Lynn Day
- Neil Southworth
- Richard Houghton
- Tom Hardcastle
- Leigh Wylie
- Steve Webster
For general queries or for product and account information
For media enquiries please contact a member of the PR team
|Social media sites
- 2011: First major insurer to introduce a telematics product to help lower the cost of insurance for young drivers
- 2006: First insurer to launch an Eco-Motor Insurance policy
- 2005: Head Office (Miller Street) clad in solar panels, becoming Europe's largest vertical solar array
- 2000: Co-op Insurance launched its first corporate social responsibility report (CSR) named the Social Accountability report
- 1962: Miller Street Chief Office building opens in Manchester, as the tallest building in Europe
- 1871: Head Office moved from its premises in Rochdale to Manchester
- 1867: The Co-operative Insurance Company Limited was registered on 29th August 1867. In those early years the name included the word ‘Company’ rather than ‘Society.’