It's Fairtrade Fortnight
When it comes to Fairtrade, The Co-op really has led the way. We even stocked the fairly traded CafeDirect coffee before the Fairtrade Mark launched in 1994!
To mark Fairtrade Fortnight (29 Feb – 13 March), we thought we’d share some of the key milestones on our Fairtrade journey.
You can read more about our commitment to Fairtrade, and other ways in which we benefit the communities in which we operate, on our economic and community benefits leaflet.
Our Fairtrade firsts
• 2000 - we sold the world's first Fairtrade own brand product
• 2001 - we launched our fairly traded wine before anyone else
• 2002 - we switched all own brand chocolate bars to Fairtrade. Own brand coffee followed a year later
• 2012 - we switched all bananas and roses to Fairtrade
• 2015 - we were declared the world’s largest convenience supermarket for Fairtrade