Swipe and Win Terms & Conditions
- This Promotion, which includes a prize draw and an instant win Promotion (the “Promotion”) is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited (“the Promoter”). This Promotion is only open to members and employee members of Co-operative Group Limited.
- This Promotion opens on Wednesday 1 July 2015 at 7am and the last date for receipt of entries is Tuesday 21 July 2015 at 10pm (the “Promotional Period”). Any purchases made before or after these times will not be entered. The Promoter may withdraw this Promotion at any time without notice.
- Any employees of Co-operative Group Limited, its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this Promotion are excluded.
- A purchase is required to enter this Promotion. If you are resident in Northern Ireland no purchase is required. You should ask the store manager for details of how you can enter without making a purchase.
- Entries to this Promotion can be made in-store only. Entrants must swipe their membership card during the Promotional Period at the point of purchase (either by a cashier or at a self-check-out) at any Co-operative Food Store which is owned by Co-operative Group Limited (“Qualifying Store”). Purchases made at independent food stores which are not part of the Co-operative Group are excluded.
- There are 20 prizes which will be drawn each week of the prize draw. Winners are selected from entrants who have swiped their membership card in the week preceding each draw. Each time an entrant swipes their membership card, they get an additional entry into the prize draw for that week. Maximum one prize per person.
- Each prize for the prize draw is £1,000 of Co-operative Group gift vouchers (50 x £20 vouchers). Redemption of vouchers shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the vouchers printed thereon, including but not limited to redemption within the expiry date, if stated. The Promoter is not responsible for any vouchers that are lost, stolen, or unused by the voucher expiry date.
- There are 1.7 million instant win prizes to be won. These are coupons for a set value of products (£1, £2, £5 or £10) or for a specific product available at qualifying stores, including chocolate bars, snacks and soft drinks. Redemption of coupons shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the coupons printed thereon, including but not limited to redemption within the expiry date, if stated. The Promoter is not responsible for any coupons that are lost, stolen, or unused by the coupon expiry date.
- Instant Win prizes are provided at the discretion of the Promoter and may be substituted or changed for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if for any reason the stated prize is unavailable. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternate prize in the event that awarding a prize would contravene public policy or legislation; is not available; or not in stock.
- The Promoter will not be liable for entries which are not received or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason.
- In order to be eligible to win an instant win prize, an entrant must swipe their membership card during the Promotional Period in the Qualifying Store in which they have swiped their membership card most frequently in the six months prior to the opening of the Promotion (according to our records). Winners of the instant win are pre-determined (matching membership numbers with prizes) by a randomised computer process. When a winning entrant swipes their membership card, a coupon informing them of their prize will be printed by the till or the self-service check-out, which can be redeemed immediately or at a later date (up to the expiry date on the coupon). Maximum one instant win prize per person. Prizes allocated to membership numbers on cards which are not swiped during the Promotional Period will not be reallocated.
- The prize draw winners will be picked at random using a computer process producing verifiably random results. Prizes cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative. Prizes are allocated at random and no alternative to the allocated prize is available, except at the discretion of the Promoter. Instant win prizes are linked to membership number and the winner’s membership card will be required to redeem an instant win prize. Prize draw winners may be required to produce their membership card and proof of identification to claim prizes. Proof of age may also be required for certain prizes.
- Prize draw winners will be notified by email / telephone /post by the details held on their member records by Friday 21 August 2015, and the winner should contact the Promoter to arrange for the prize to be delivered to them. The names of the prize draw winners will be available on the membership website www.co-operative.coop/membership. The Promoter is not liable if any member details provided are incorrect.
- In the event that contact cannot be made with the prize draw winner or the winner does not confirm delivery arrangements of the prize with the Promoter within 21 days from the first date of an attempt to notify such winner, then no more attempts will be made to contact the winner and the prize will be forfeited. A new winner will then be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- The prize draw winners should allow 21 days from notification of winning for delivery of the prize draw prizes (delivery and postage included). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address provided. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost or delayed in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for the prize draw or instant win for one of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
- If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the prize draw, this will be decided by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may collect personal information from entrants of this Promotion under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. The Promoter will only use entrants' information for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion.
- By entering this Promotion you agree that the Promoter may use your name, photo and any testimonial you have provided to the Promoter, for promotional purposes, including, without limitation, on its websites, social media, within its magazines or within promotional emails.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this Promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party.
- If you do not wish to participate in the prize draw you should call the membership helpline on 0800 023 4708*.
- Entry to this Promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately on your entry to the prize draw and instant win. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then you should contact the Membership Contact Centre on 0800 023 4708* to be excluded from the prize draw and subsequent instant wins. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Promoter’s website. It is the entrant’s responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- This Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales.
*Calls to 0800 numbers are free for BT customers. Call charges from other companies may vary and you may want to check this with your service provider. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am – 7pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm, excluding bank and public holidays. If you prefer you can call our geographical number 0161 855 8925. Calls to 01 numbers are classed as a Geographic Rate call; please check charges with your service provider. Calls may be monitored for quality standard purposes. In addition, we regularly gather feedback from members who have used our helpline to ensure we provide the best possible service.
PROMOTER: Co-operative Group Food Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. Registered No 26715R, with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG.