Your Co-op Local Forum, led by local Member Pioneer, Laura Taggart, and your Community Champion, Linda Russell, have recognised some great local activity to support in and around North West Leeds which will make a real difference to your community.
The Forum is keen to support the growing issue of Dementia care, and to help staff and members deal with the problems it can cause, has already delivered three Dementia Awareness training courses. We’ve also supported the Chapel Allerton Festival where colleagues and members highlighted our healthy range of foods and benefits of exercise with the help of a 'smoothie cycle.'
Laura has also been instrumental in promoting Fairtrade in the area by participating in the cities Fairtrade steering group. She took a leading role in Leeds Fairtrade Schools Conference which highlighted the very real benefits of buying Fairtrade to over 100 children. Laura also helped get a Co-op team to steward at St. Gemma’s Midnight Walk which passed by four of our local stores and branches.
Dementia Awareness Training
This informal session provides a brief insight into the issues facing people living with dementia and how to identify and support them.
When and where - Saturday 15th October from 10am – 11.30am at Friends Meeting House, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds, LS2 9DX
Register or get in touch with your Local Forum
Co-operative Local Forums:
- Bring local Co-operative members, customers and colleagues together to make good things happen in their local areas
- Provide a sounding board for any community ideas you have
- Provide opportunities for members’ voices to be heard by The Co-operative Members’ Council and our businesses
Linda Russell is your North West Leeds Community Champion. Linda is here to help you support the local projects that mean the most to you and your area.
She can help:
- Talk through your ideas and help you bring your project, event or initiative to life
- Provide tips on planning an event and getting other local people involved
- Give you fun, creative ideas for fundraising
Get in touch with Linda
Call her on: 01132 678740
Pop in to see her at:
The Co-operative Food
433 Spen Lane