Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using our site or buying products from our site.
Please be aware that your use of any other Co-op website (including any Co-op subdomains) may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions on the site of the relevant business area for further information.
“our site” means coop.co.uk, co-operative.coop, any subdomain or any other website operated by us
“we”, “us”, “our” or “the Co-op” means Co-operative Group Limited a registered society registered in England and Wales with registered number 525R or one of its group undertakings as follows, each of which is registered in England and Wales and has its registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG (except The Manx Co-operative Society Limited which is registered in the Isle of Man and whose registered office is at 4 Myrtle Street, Douglas, IM1 1ED):
- Co-operative Group Food Limited (26715R)
- Co-operative Foodstores Limited (32443R)
- Funeral Services Limited (30808R)
- CFS Management Services Limited (05564787)
- Co-operative Legal Services Limited (05671209)
- Co-operatives E-Store Limited (29166R)
- Co-operative Community Investment Foundation (04117665)
- The Manx Co-operative Society Ltd (IM25)
“you” means a user of our site
Your acceptance of these terms
We may amend these terms from time to time, so every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms.
Other terms that may apply to you
Please refer to the following additional terms, which may also apply to your use of our site:
- Our Social Media Community Policy, which sets out how we aim to promote a quality environment for our users on social media. When using social media to interact with us, you must comply with this Social Media Community Policy.
- Our Membership Terms and Conditions, which set out the terms and conditions for being a member of the Co-op.
- Our Purchasing Terms, which set out the terms and conditions for the sale of any products or services purchased by you from our site.
Accessing our site
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must be a member of the Co-op to register for an account on our site. Please see our Membership Terms and Conditions for information on how to become a member. Only one registration per person is allowed and you may not use anyone else’s account.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
You are responsible for all activity on your account. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the Co-op Membership contact details which can be found here.
Using our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may use our site for non-commercial and personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may print individual pages, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal and private use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off our site or downloaded in any way, and you must not use our trademarks, any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Links to other websites on our site and third party content
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
Our site may include third party content. This third party content has not been verified or approved by us and we are not liable or responsible for any such content. The views expressed by any third party on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us.
Links to our site
You may link to the homepage of our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Uploading content to our site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but by submitting your content, you grant us and each of our group companies a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, store, copy, reproduce, edit, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, make available and communicate your content (in whole or in part) or incorporate it in works in any other form now or in the future. You warrant that you have the right to grant this licence.
You waive your moral rights to the extent permitted by law in your content. This means that we do not need to identify you as the author of any content and you cannot object to any derogatory treatment.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Our liability to you
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Please be aware that different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products or services to you. We advise that you read the applicable terms and conditions for the purchase of any products or services on our site. These can be found by clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” link at the bottom of the relevant Co-op site.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
If you are a business user:
- we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it;
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site; and
- we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Indemnity and warranty
Suspension or withdrawal of our site
Our site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
Validity of these terms
If any part or provision of these terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Applicable law and jurisdiction