SEO content checklist
Use this checklist to make sure you’ve optimised your content for search.
- Complete keyword research and use these keywords naturally in your content. Go to our Using keywords for SEO’ page for guidance on how to do this.
- Choose a page heading that reflects what’s on the page and includes keywords. For long-form content, you should also break up the content with subheadings that contain relevant keywords. Go to our ‘SEO for meta titles, meta descriptions and headings’ page for more information.
- Include links to relevant product pages and other content on the website ('internal links'). If you think it’s relevant and helpful, you can also link to other trustworthy websites ('external links'). Go to our ‘SEO for links’ page for more information.
- Write a meta title and meta description that includes keywords. Go to our SEO for meta titles, meta descriptions and headings’ page for guidance on how to do this.
- Write alt text for any images. Go to our ‘SEO for images and PDFs’ page for guidance on how to do this.
- If you want to use a PDF, follow the guidelines on our SEO for images and PDFs’ page.
- Check that your content contains all the information that you think people visiting the page would be looking for.