A simple, lower-cost funeral option with the comfort of knowing that quality isn’t compromised, as we guarantee to provide our usual outstanding levels of care and standards for your loved one.
We understand that some families may wish to keep things simple or just keep the cost down, which is why we offer a Simple Funeral. There are some restrictions, but our Simple Funeral allows us to provide a caring and quality service at a fair cost.
The cost of the Simple Funeral is £1,895 in England and Wales, and is £1,675 in Scotland, not including third party fees.
What's included in the Co-op Simple Funeral?
- Provision of all Funeral Director services to make the funeral arrangements
- Completion of all documents and liaison with all third parties.
- Advice, support and guidance
- Bringing the deceased into our care (within a 50 mile radius)
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- A Simple coffin
What additional services can I choose?
We understand that while you may want to keep your funeral simple, there may be some additional services you’d like, to follow traditions or beliefs.
Our experienced staff will be happy to talk though your needs and help you decide on the options that best suit you - we’ll then be able to confirm any additional costs that may be incurred.
- Arranging for the funeral service, celebration or ceremony to take place at your chosen location before attending the cemetery or crematorium
- A chauffeur driven limousine(s) to follow the hearse
- Arranging for the hearse and limousine(s) to attend your chosen location before the funeral, and proceed to the funeral ‘in cortege’ as a funeral procession
- A limited selection of floral arrangements and orders of service
What isn't included in the Co-op Simple Funeral?
- There will be no choice of the day and time of the funeral and certain days and times may be excluded
- Bringing the deceased into our care beyond a 50 mile radius (an additional mileage charge will apply)
- No alternative coffin choice available
- Viewing the deceased outside of normal working hours
- A separate funeral service or celebration taking place before proceeding to the local crematorium or cemetery
- Additional transport for attendees of the funeral
- Third party fees (see below)
Third party fees
Third party fees are essential services delivered by others that we will manage on your behalf such as crematorium fees, gravediggers fees or payments made to a minister or celebrant. These will need to be paid at the time of making the funeral arrangements.
On average last year (2018) our clients paid £1,085 in third party fees but this is a national average and may not reflect the price you might pay in your local area. To find out how much a Simple Funeral will cost at your local Co-op Funeralcare, as well as an estimate of third party costs in your area, use our funeral cost calculator.