The UK left the EU on 31 January 2020 and an agreement with the EU has been reached which means that Green Cards will be required as proof of insurance when driving in the EU and EEA.

You will need to carry a Green Card when driving in the EU and EEA. Those who travel without one may be breaking the law and may not be allowed to drive in the country they are visiting.

Vehicles towing a trailer or caravan will also need a separate Green Card for the trailer or caravan.

  • If you require a Green Card for your vehicle and caravan/trailer please contact us 21 days before you are travelling and we will arrange for one to be sent to you.

In addition to a Green Card, you will need to take your driving licence and V5C log book with you and display a GB sticker on your vehicle.

You may also need an International Driving Permit to drive in some EU/EEA countries.

For more information on driving abroad and any required documentation, please review the following websites:

Did this answer your question?