The Co-op Universal Bag
A sustainable and reusable bag created by fashion designer Anya Hindmarch.
The Universal Bag FAQs
What is the Universal Bag?
- The Co-op Universal Bag is a new sustainable and reusable bag created by fashion designer Anya Hindmarch.
How much does it cost?
- £10 per bag
Can I buy as many as I want?
- The bags are in extremely high demand so for fairness, we are limiting them to two per customer.
Thank you for your understanding.
What are its benefits?
- The Universal Bag is made from 100% recycled materials, designed to save plastic from landfill
- It has a unique system to enable easy local 100% recyclability for free. You simply put it in your nearest postbox without any further packaging required
- Is guaranteed for 10 years, so it costs £1 a year to transport your shopping
- It is designed to be desirable to inspire greater reuse
Why is Co-op stocking this bag?
- Co-op champions a better way of doing business and sustainability is front and centre of the decisions we make
- In 2021, we made the bold and right move to ban plastic ‘bags for life’ from sale in our convenience stores offering our shoppers compostable bags and durable, re-usable alternatives
- Our collaboration with Anya Hindmarch and the Universal Bag project is another way in which we can engage and incentivise our members and customers to encourage them to shop more sustainably
- The Anya Hindmarch bags also lean into Co-op’s support for a circular recycling economy to find innovative ways re-use plastic waste
What stores is it available at?
- You can find a full list of participating stores here.