Suggest a site
Help us find a new site for one of our food stores. If you are a Co-op Member and your site suggestion is successful you’ll receive £500 in Co-op gift vouchers*.
Before you suggest a site please check our site requirements.
*Terms and conditions
PROMOTER: Co-operative Group Limited (525R), trading as The Co-operative Group, with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG and each of its affiliates (“Co-op”).
1. This Promotion is open only to members of the Co-op who are aged 16 or over excluding any employees (and their families) of the Co-op, their agents or related third parties, who are professionally connected with the administration of this promotion or with the acquisition of property for the Group.
2. If an entrant is under the age of 18 then they must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and to claim their reward.
3. To enter, entrants must visit: www.co-operative.coop/membership/local-communities/suggest-a-site/ and follow the instructions detailed there by entering their full name, email address, membership number and completing all further areas shown as mandatory on the entry form.
4. Access to the internet is required. Entry is online only. No purchase necessary.
5. By entering the promotion entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and that they are eligible to claim the reward. The Promoter may require an entrant to provide proof that they are eligible to enter the promotion, including proof of age and details of their Co-op membership number.
6. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. No responsibility is accepted for entries which are incomplete, lost, corrupt, damaged or delayed or where a property cannot reasonably be identified. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. Only entries received before 23.59 on 31st December 2016 will be considered for this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to extend this promotion upon providing notice of the same on the website.
8. The successful entrant will receive a reward of £500 in Co-op National vouchers.
9. The successful entrant will be the one who submits an entry which the Promoter accepts, and acts upon by successfully exchanging contracts as per the acquisition process for the suggested premises, within three years of the date of the entry. If contracts for the suggested premises have not been exchanged within three years of the entry to the promotion then the entry will lapse and the entrant will have no entitlement to the reward even if the premises suggested by the entrant is acquired by the Promoter at a later date.
10. If the Promoter was already considering the suggested premises before the entrant’s entry to this promotion (and can evidence this fact) then the entrant will have no entitlement to the reward.
11. The premises suggested must be vacant and/or on the market.
12. If more than one entrant suggests the same premises in their entry, the Promoter will only provide the reward under this promotion to the first entrant who submitted that suggestion. Any other entrant who submitted the same suggestion will not be entitled to any reward under the promotion.
13. The Promoter will accept a maximum number of 20 entries per entrant for this promotion. Any entries above 20 will not be part of this promotion and there will be no entitlement for the reward for these additional entries if accepted and successfully acted upon.
14. Formal confirmation of receipt of entry for the promotion will be supplied within 28 days of receipt of the entry from the entrant. This is not the automated receipt on entry but a notification from the Promoter. Until confirmation of receipt has been received from the Promoter, the entrant has not been entered into the promotion.
15. The successful entrant will be notified by email/telephone from the details provided on entry within 14 days of exchange of contracts and will be required to respond within 14 days of notification in order to accept the reward. Email is not a secure method of communication and any such transmission is sent at the sender’s own risk.
16. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that their contact details are kept up to date. In the event that contact cannot be made with the successful entrant, they will forfeit the reward.
17. The name and county of residence of the successful entrant will be available within six weeks after the closing date by sending a SAE to: Food Property Acquisitions, 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG.
18. The reward must be accepted as offered; it cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative.
19. Redemption of vouchers shall be subject to the terms and conditions printed thereon, including but not limited to redemption within the stated expiry date. Vouchers can be used in one transaction or multiple transactions in accordance with their terms and conditions. The Promoter is not responsible for any vouchers that are lost, stolen, or unused by the voucher expiry date.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter. The Promoter shall not accept liability for the content or accuracy of any content posted by entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to remove content and to disqualify individuals from this promotion at its absolute discretion.
21. Entries that are deemed by the Promoter to be offensive or to constitute spam may be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter. The submitting of infringing defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or offensive content is prohibited.
22. The Promoter will not be liable for system failures, network errors, its website being unavailable, hacks on the system or personal computer/mobile device issues.
23. By entering the promotion the entrant agrees that if they are successful, the Promoter may use their name and details of their county of residence to announce the same in accordance with clause 17. They may also be required to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion. No compensation shall be awarded for such participation.
24. Decisions of the Promoter are final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to cancel this promotion in whole or in part without prior notice and without liability.
26. The Promoter may collect personal information from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Unless the entrant has expressly consented to the use of their personal information for future marketing purposes or if the entrant is successful, the entrant's personal information provided by them with their entry will be held and used by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion only.
27. Entry to this promotion shall constitute an entrant’s acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then entrants should not enter the promotion.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be made available on the Promoter's website at: www.co-operative.coop/membership/local-communities/suggest-a-site/.
29. This promotion and its terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.