Apple and blackberry cordial
Use the best of the season's fruit to whip up a batch of apple and blackberry cordial. It's a great way to use up fruit peels and cores.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 21g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 Co-op Royal Gala apples
- 170g pack Co-op blackberries
- 300g Fairtrade caster sugar
- Peel and core the apples (keep the flesh for snacking)
- Put the peel and core in a large pan, along with a the blackberries, caster sugar and 700ml cold water, then bring to the boil
- Simmer for 8-10 mins, until the sugar has dissolved, then strain into a jug
- Allow to cool completely, then store in sterilised glass bottles. The cordial will keep for up to a week in the fridge
- To serve, pour 50ml of the cordial into a glass with ice, and dilute with cold water