A new spin on a bread-based salad, the roasted veg works really well here.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 31g
Share this recipe
- 2 aubergines, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 400g Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer, torn into chunks
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp Co-op red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Co-op Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 40g sultanas, soaked in boiling water then drained
- 40g Co-op pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Put the aubergine and pepper in a roasting tin, drizzle over 2 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Roast for 30-35 mins, until golden. Toss the sourdough on another tray with 1 tbsp more oil and the chilli flakes, if using, then put in the oven for the last 15 mins, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, onion, most of the parsley and the remaining oil to make a dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss together the roasted vegetables, sourdough, sultanas, pine nuts and the dressing. Serve sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.