Everyone's favourite brunch dish.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 34g
Share this recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime (or about 1 tbsp of bottled lemon/lime juice)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh coriander
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices ciabatta loaf
- Heat a medium-sized pan of water to the boil, then reduce the temperature slightly so that the water is just below boiling. (Meanwhile, a top tip is to submerge the eggs you’re about to cook in a glass of warm water. Alternatively, crack each egg into a separate small container to make adding them to the pan easier.)
- Halve and de-stone the avocado, then scoop the flesh out with a spoon and roughly chop it up with a knife. Chop the coriander as fine as possible.
- Place the avocado chunks into a bowl and a mash with the back of a fork, until it’s mashed up but not smooth. Squeeze in about 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, add the olive oil, coriander and season to taste.
- Preheat a grill to a medium high heat (if you’re using one… a toaster is also an option.)
- When the water is just below boiling, season with salt or vinegar, then crack in the eggs and leaving the gentle heat still on allow to poach for about 3 minutes, until the white has set but the yolk still has a good bounce when gently poked.
- Place the slices of ciabatta under the grill for 2 minutes on each side to toast and gain some golden colour, keep an eye on it as the heat varies from grill to grill and it may need a few moments more of less time. Alternatively stick them in the toaster.
- Serve the slice of toast with the avocado spread over the top and the eggs neatly nestled on top. Season to taste and tuck in immediately, whilst the egg yolk is still runny.