Bacon Bourbon Maple Mary
Bacon...in a cocktail?! It might sound like an odd combination but this twist on a Bloody Mary has it all: sweetness, smokiness and a fiery kick!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 13g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1 tsp Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 rashers Co-op Irresistible air dry cured smoked streaky bacon
- 1 litre Co-op tomato juice
- 200ml bourbon
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Co-op whole pickled gherkins, sliced, plus 2 tbsp vinegar from the jar
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into
- 4 wedges
- Ice cubes
- 4 coriander sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line a large baking tray with foil and set a cooling rack on top
- Combine the maple syrup, sugar and mustard with 1 tbsp water. Brush half over the bacon and roast for 10 mins
- Turn, brush with the rest of the mixture and cook for 10-12 mins, until the bacon is crisp and caramelised
- Allow to cool
- In a large jug, combine the tomato juice, bourbon, both sauces, vinegar from the gherkin jar, celery salt, smoked paprika and lemon juice
- Season with black pepper and stir until well combined
- Chill for at least 1 hour — ideally 3-4 hours
- To serve, fill four highball glasses with ice and divide the cocktail between them
- Put a bacon rasher in each glass, then garnish with the lemon wedges, gherkin slices and coriander sprigs to serve