Bombay potato curry
We’ve transformed your favourite Indian side dish into a flavoursome vegan main.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 88g
Share this recipe
- 750g pack Co-op British baby potatoes, larger ones halved
- 280g Co-op basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately, plus leaves to garnish
- 1½ tsp each garam masala and ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 400ml can Co-op light coconut milk
- 175ml vegetable stock, made with ½ cube
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Heat the oil to medium-high in a large, deep frying pan. Add the onion, chilli, garlic and coriander stalks, cook for 5 mins, then stir in the potatoes and spices. Fry for 5 mins more before pouring in the coconut milk and stock. Season, reduce the heat, then simmer for 10-15 mins until the sauce has thickened a bit and the potatoes are tender. Stir in the chopped coriander leaves.
- Divide the rice between 4 shallow bowls and top with the curry, then garnish with the coriander leaves before serving.