Bread and brandy butter pudding
Warm and comforting, brandy butter makes all the difference in this cosy pudding
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 82g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 30g Co-op brandy butter
- 4 slices Co-op fruit loaf
- 1 1/2 tbsp Co-op fine cut marmalade
- 100ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp Co-op double cream (plus extra for serving)
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 Co-op British eggs
- 1/4 tbsp demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas 4 and butter a small baking tray with 10g of brandy butter
- Spread 2 slices of the fruit loaf generously with the remaining brandy butter. Sandwich them with the other 2 slices and cut into fingers
- Arrange the fingers in the tray and dot over the marmalade
- Gently heat the milk and cream in a small pan until it begins to steam
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs. Then slowly add the hot milk and cream, stirring all the time, until you have a custard, then pour over the slices of bread
- Sprinkle with the demerara sugar and bake for 30 mins, until golden brown and crunchy on top.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream, if you like