Brussels hash with crispy chorizo and poached egg
Turn British Brussels sprouts into a tasty gluten free brunch with smoky chorizo, zesty lemon and a perfect poached egg
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 9g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 90g Co-op Irresistible chorizo, cut into 1cm cubes
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 450g Co-op British Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 4 Co-op British free range eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo, garlic, onion and chilli flakes, if using, for around 10 mins, until the onion has softened and the chorizo is crisp
- Add the sprouts and fry for a further 6-8 mins, until starting to soften
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs
- Toss the parsley and lemon zest through the sprout hash, then season with black pepper and lemon juice to taste
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and top with a poached egg per serving
- Sprinkle with the parsley sprigs — plus chilli if you like — then serve with the lemon wedges on the side