Brussels sprouts with smoky mushrooms
Swap bacon for smoky mushrooms in this vegan take on a classic Christmas side dish
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 10g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 600g Co-op British Brussels sprouts, large ones halved
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 200g Co-op chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Put the sprouts in a large pan of boiling water
- Simmer for 8-10 mins, until just tender, then drain well
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a high heat
- Fry the mushrooms in one layer for 1-2 mins on each side until golden and most of the liquid has evaporated — you may need to do this in batches
- Return all the mushrooms to the pan, add the paprika and syrup, then fry for 1 minute
- Lower the heat to medium and push the mushrooms to one side
- Add the remaining oil and stir in the sprouts to coat
- Mix with the mushrooms and season
- Cook for 5-6 mins, stirring often, until the sprouts are golden