Burns night shepherd's pie
You can also use a pack of ready-made neeps and tatties to top this Scottish treat
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 46g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2x454g haggis packs (you can use traditional or veggie, or a mixture)
- 1kg swede, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1kg floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 45g butter, plus a little extra
- Green beans or broccoli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Cook the haggis in the oven according to the pack instructions. Or you can cook the haggis in the microwave, if the pack instructions tell you how to do this
- Boil the swede for 30 mins until tender, then drain
- In a separate pan, boil the potatoes for 10 15 mins until tender, then drain
- Mash each vegetable separately, splitting the butter equally between the two
- Alternatively, follow our neeps and tatties recipe and mash the cooked vegetables together
- Increase the oven temperature to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5
- Remove the haggis fillings from their cases and arrange evenly in an ovenproof dish
- Layer the neeps on the haggis followed by the potato
- Alternatively, top it with the neeps and tatties mash mixture.
- Dot with the extra butter
- Cook the pie in the oven for 20-25 mins until it’s piping hot and the potato starts to brown
- Serve with green beans or broccoli