Inspired by an Italian dessert, these easy pancakes are filled with ricotta then topped with orange zest and dark chocolate.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 19g
Share this recipe
- 250g Co-op Italian ricotta
- 300g Greek style natural yogurt
- 125g Co-op plain flour
- 1 large Co-op British free range egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp Co-op British unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 100g Co-op Italian mascarpone
- 50g Fairtrade icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- Zest of 1 orange
- 100g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade
- 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a sieve with kitchen paper, tip in the ricotta and yogurt, place over a bowl to drain, then set aside.
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well. Add the egg, butter and about a quarter of the milk. Mix, gradually drawing in the flour from the edges to form a smooth batter, adding more milk as needed. Pour in any remaining milk, along with 50ml water, stir well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta mixture with the mascarpone, sugar and most of the zest. Fold in the chocolate, saving 2 tbsp to garnish.
- Lightly grease a nonstick frying pan and set it over a medium heat. When hot, add just enough batter to cover the base, tilting the pan to give a thin, even layer. Cook for about 1 minute until the base is golden and the edges are crisp, then flip and cook the other side. Keep warm while you make the rest — about 11 more.
- Spoon or pipe the ricotta mixture down the middle of each pancake and roll up. Sprinkle with the extra chocolate, zest and icing sugar.