Cheat’s potato croquettes with ham and cheese
Our easy Spanish-style croquettes bring the sunshine with the help of… ready-made mashed potato!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 11g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 x 400g packs Co-op Irresistible buttered mashed potato
- 160g pack 120g pack Co-op British honey roast ham chunks, roughly chopped
- 75g Co-op British mature lighter cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs, separated
- 25g Co-op plain white flour
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sunflower or vegetable oil, for frying
- 115g pack Co-op baby leaf salad
- Mayonnaise or salsa, to serve
- Put the mash in a large bowl and mix well with the ham, cheese, parsley and egg yolks, plus some black pepper
- Shape into croquettes and chill on a lined baking tray for 30 mins
- Whisk the egg whites and mix the breadcrumbs with the dried herbs
- Place the egg whites, flour and herby breadcrumbs in seperate shallow bowls
- Dip each croquette into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan to 170° C – a cube of bread will turn golden in around 15 seconds when it’s ready
- Using a slotted spoon, fry the croquettes for 3-4 mins each, turning gently, then lay out on kitchen paper to drain
- Serve with the salad and salsa or mayonnaise on the side
*Ready-in time excludes chilling