Chicken caesar salad
Make this classic salad for a tasty packed lunch.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 21g
Share this recipe
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1½ cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of stale bread
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets (from a jar)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 25g Parmesan shavings
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and lay out on a baking tray flat-side up. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season, then place in the oven for 60 minutes to dry out.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting into the thickest part of the breasts from one side almost to the other, then opening it up like a book.
- Lay the butterflied chicken breasts into a dish and marinate with the zest of a lemon, juice of half a lemon, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 garlic clove (grated).
- Slice the bread into 2 cm croutons using a serrated knife (removing the crusts) and toss in a mixing bowl with 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Dry fry them in a hot frying pan until lightly golden, tossing occasionally so that they colour evenly, then remove from heat and allow to cool and crisp for later.
- Chop the anchovy as fine as possible along with another half clove of garlic and the parsley, then stir into the mayonnaise, along with the juice of the other half of the lemon and the Worcestershire sauce.
- On a hot griddle pan, cook off the chicken for 4 minutes per side *check the thickest part is cooked but cutting into it to check there is no pink flesh, then leave to rest on a plate for a minute before slicing.
- Chop up the lettuce, wash and shake dry, then transfer to the bowl you used for the croutons and toss with the mayonnaise mixture before serving between 4 bowls and topping with the sliced chicken, croutons, dried tomatoes and Parmesan shavings.