Simple to make, these are everyone’s favourite – whether you bake yourself, or with a little one.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 10g
Share this recipe
- 50g Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- 110g Dr Oetker milk or dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 50g unsalted butter cubed
- 75g crisped rice breakfast cereal or puffed brown rice
- 12 paper cake cases
- Pop the Dr Oetker chocolate, butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup® in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water for about 5 minutes. Stir from time to time, until melted and smooth (don’t let base of bowl touch the water).
- Remove from the heat and with a metal spoon gently stir in the cereal until completely covered in chocolate.
- Scoop the mixture into paper cake cases in a 12-hole muffin tin and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until the chocolate has set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat (the crispies keep for about a week).