Chorizo patatas bravas
Classic patatas bravas with a smoky, meaty twist.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 39g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml red wine
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 750g new potatoes
- 1 heaped tbsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 225g chorizo sausage
- 400g tenderstem broccoli (or alternative green veg)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Peel and finely dice the onion. Deseed and finely dice the chilli.
- Fry the onion with the chilli in a saucepan with the olive oil for 5 minutes to soften, making sure you use a lid and stir occasionally.
- Peel and chop the garlic then add to the softened onion and chilli, and cook for another minute before splashing in the wine. Reheat to a boil and, without a lid, reduce until half the wine has evaporated and the flavour has concentrated.
- Add in the tomatoes, paprika and chilli powder then reheat to a simmer and cook gently for about 15 minutes with the lid off, then season to taste and keep warm.
- Whilst the tomato sauce bubbles, wash the potatoes then dry, leaving the skins on. Cut in half if the new potatoes are large… you’re aiming for bite-sized pieces. Try to keep them all fairly consistent and place them into a large saucepan.
- Cover the potatoes with cold water so that they are fully submerged and add some salt if you wish. Heat to a boil and boil the potatoes for 6-7 minutes before adding in the broccoli to boil for another 2 minutes. Drain into a colander and separate the broccoli and potatoes, saving the broccoli to one side.
- Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat whilst you remove the skin from the chorizo and chop up into bite-sized pieces. Once hot, place the chorizo in and sauté them for 2-3 minutes to release all of their oils.
- Add the partially cooked, hot potatoes to the pan to fry for several minutes until they go golden. Pour the tomato sauce over the potato and chorizo, toss together and transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley. Warm the part-cooked broccoli in the hot, empty pan that you cooked the potatoes in with a splash of water, then serve beside the patatas bravas and tuck in!