Crispy paper potatoes
Soft on the bottom and crisp on the top – these crispy paper potatoes make a great vegan alternative to potato gratin
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 61g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1.5kg Co-op British Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
- 5 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 4 tbsp thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Cut the potatoes into 1-2mm thick slices. Pat dry and cover with a clean tea towel as you continue to slice
- In a large bowl, mix 4 tbsp of the oil with the thyme, garlic and seasoning, then tip in the potato slices and toss well to coat
- Grease an 18cm-diameter round ovenproof dish
- Tightly pack in the potato slices so they stick up vertically
- Make sure any garlic slices are pushed down well in between the potatoes
- Cook for 30 mins, then remove from the oven and drizzle over the remaining oil
- Cook for 30-40 mins more, or until the potatoes are crisp on top and soft in the middle. Serve immediately