Easy pineapple-peel syrup
This pineapple syrup is a fantastic way to use up leftover fruit peel and cores. Serve with soda water, lemonade or ginger beer.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 16g
Share this recipe
- 1 Co-op pineapple
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 5cm ginger, grated
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100g Fairtrade caster sugar
- Peel and core the pineapple (keep the flesh for snacking).
- Put the peel and core in a large pan with the zest and juice of the lime, the ginger, cinnamon stick, caster sugar and 400ml cold water
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-12 mins, until the sugar has dissolved
- Cook for another 2 mins until syrupy, then turn off the heat
- Allow to cool a little, then strain into a clean jar to cool completely
- Serve 1 tsp with your choice of mixer. We like the fiery kick of ginger beer, but soda water or lemonade would work well