We switch up the traditional coffee flavour in this pud with Co-op Delaney’s country cream mixed into the indulgent filling
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 40g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 Co-op British free range egg yolks
- 50g Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 100ml Co-op Delaney’s country cream
- 250g tub Co-op Italian mascarpone
- 150ml freshly brewed espresso
- 30 sponge fingers
- Fairtrade cocoa powder, for dusting
- 20g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade single origin 70% cocoa dark chocolate, finely grated
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water for 3-4 mins, or until very thick and frothy
- Take off the heat, then pour in 75ml Delaney’s country cream and whisk for about 5 mins, until cool, before beating in the mascarpone
- Mix the coffee with the remaining Irish cream, then dip each sponge finger briefly into the coffee mix until just absorbed
- Fill the base of a 900ml loaf tin with a layer of 10 fingers placed in 2 rows of 5, sugar-side up
- Spoon over a third of the mascarpone mixture to cover the biscuits and dust generously with cocoa powder
- Repeat with two more layers, finishing with the creamy mixture
- Top with more cocoa and the grated chocolate
- Chill for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight if you have time, before serving
TIP: Use the leftover egg whites in a tasty meringue.
Drink responsibly. For more information visit drinkaware.co.uk