Fridge-raid egg fried rice
This spice paste is a great thing to know how to make from scratch — it’ll lift your leftovers to new heights!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 98g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op Italian tomato purée
- 1 garlic clove
- 2cm ginger, peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g fresh or frozen diced mixed vegetables
- 40g cooked bacon
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 250g pouch of microwave rice (or leftover rice)
- 1 Co-op free-range egg
- Coriander leaves, to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, blitz together the tomato purée, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes, if using, with a stick blender until you have a coarse paste
- Heat 3 tsp of the oil in a large nonstick wok or frying pan over a high heat
- Stir-fry the spring onions and vegetables for 2-3 mins, until just starting to colour
- Add the bacon and fry for a further minute, then add the spice paste and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the ketchup, soy sauce, remaining oil and rice, and stir-fry for 2 mins or until piping hot
- Crack in the egg and leave to cook a little, then stir in vigorously
- If you prefer the egg chunkier, allow it to set for a little longer, then stir through
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the coriander, if using