Hasselback squash with pecans and maple syrup
This vegan and gluten free dish makes a great side dish for festive get-togethers
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 19g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 small butternut squashes, peeled, halved lengthways, and deseeded
- 3 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12 thyme sprigs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 60g Co-op pecan nut halves, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Put the squash halves, cut-side down, in a large roasting tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20-25 mins, or until starting to soften.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a chopping board
- Once cool enough to handle, cut slices across the length of the squash, about 5mm thick, being careful not to slice all the way through
- Insert the garlic slices into the cuts, pushing them in as far as you can
- Put the thyme sprigs in the roasting tray, then place the squash halves on top, sliced-side up
- Brush the squash with half the maple syrup and drizzle over the remaining olive oil. Return to the oven and roast for a further 45-60 mins, until completely tender
- Around 10 mins before the end of the cooking time, brush with the rest of the maple syrup and scatter over the chopped pecans