Hot-smoked salmon kedgeree
Traditionally a breakfast dish, salmon makes a change from the usual haddock
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 62g
Share this recipe
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- 1 tsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 250g pack Co-op microwave basmati rice
- 160g frozen Co-op British garden peas, defrosted
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 165g pack Co-op hot smoked salmon with sweet chilli, flaked
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Boil the egg for 7 mins
- Rinse under cold water, peel and halve.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion slices, garlic, ginger and chilli (if using), then gently fry for 5-6 mins, until the onion starts to soften. Stir in the curry powder and fry for another 2 mins until aromatic.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then add to the pan, along with the peas and parsley. Mix everything together.
- Gently stir the salmon into the rice, then cook for another 2 mins.
- Divide the kedgeree between 2 plates, top with the halved egg and serve with the lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.