Indian summers salad
This kale salad contains dates and strawberries for sweetness and it really works!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 35g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 70g kale, finely chopped, thick stalks removed
- 150g Co-op British red cabbage, finely chopped
- 5 pitted dates, chopped
- 150g Co-op strawberries, chopped, plus a few extra
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Handful Co-op flaked almonds
For the dressing
- 40g Co-op cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp Co-op low fat natural yogurt
- Handful coriander
- Juice of ¼ lime
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 80ml coconut water
- ¼ green chilli
- First, mix together all the dressing ingredients and leave to soak for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible
- In a large bowl, mix together the kale, cabbage, dates, strawberries and sesame seeds
- You can do this just before serving, or make a few hours in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to dress and serve
- Blend the dressing in a food processor and season to taste, adding extra lime or chilli if you like
- When ready to eat, drizzle the dressing over the salad
- Quarter the extra strawberries and sprinkle them over the salad along with the flaked almonds
This recipe is from Saffron Soul by Mira Manek (Jacqui Small LLP). Photography by Nassima Rothacker.