Italian melt omelette
Nothing beats a leisurely breakfast in bed, and your mum will love our Italian-inspired omelette
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 2g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 Co-op British eggs
- 3 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 3 slices Co-op prosciutto, torn
- 125g Co-op piccolo tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 x 225g pack Co-op mozzarella, chopped
- 2 tsp Co-op green pesto
- Handful basil leaves (optional)
- Break the eggs into a bowl, lightly beat with a fork, season and set aside
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the prosciutto and fry for 2-3 mins, turning halfway, until crisp
- Remove the ham, set aside, and add the tomatoes to the pan
- Fry for 1-2 mins, until starting to brown and soften, then remove and set aside
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan on a medium heat, add half the egg and fry for 2-3 mins, drawing it in from the sides as it starts to set
- When almost cooked, scatter over half the mozzarella and drizzle with half the pesto
- Turn off the heat, scatter over half the tomatoes and prosciutto and allow to heat through
- Keep warm, then repeat with the rest of the egg and toppings to make the second omelette
- Serve scattered with the basil, if using.