Jersey Royal tarte tatin
Ideal for a tasty lunch or starter
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 38g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 20g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250g Jersey Royal potatoes
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato, sliced into 6
- 2 Co-op British apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 375g pack Co-op ready rolled puff pastry
- Co-op mixed leaf salad (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Grease 6 holes of a muffin tin
- Add the potatoes to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 mins until just tender
- Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle
- Remove the skins, thinly slice and arrange, overlapping, in the base of the muffin holes
- Fry the onion in the butter and oil for 5 mins over a low heat, stirring often, until lightly browned
- Add the vinegar and simmer for 2 mins until almost evaporated
- Divide the onion mixture between the tins, add a slice of tomato, then arrange the apple slices on top
- Roll out the pastry so it’s slightly thinner
- Cut out 6 rounds, about 1cm wider than the muffin holes
- Put one round on top of each tart and tuck the edges down around the apple
- Bake for 20 mins, or until golden and puffed up
- Put a tray on top of the tarts and flip, then serve potato side up with the salad, if using.