Leek and pepper curry
Low in saturated fat and ready in 30 minutes, this vegan curry makes a great midweek dinner.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 60g
Share this recipe
- 1 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3cm ginger, finely grated
- 2 Co-op British leeks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 mixed peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 400g can Co-op Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 2 x 250g packs Co-op microwave basmati rice
- 30g Co-op flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp coconut dairy free yogurt alternative
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 8-10 mins, until softened and starting to turn golden. Add the ginger, leek, peppers and spices. Fry for 1-2 mins until fragrant, then stir in the chopped tomatoes, along with the sugar.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins, until thickened, then season to taste.
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then mix in the flaked almonds. Scatter the coriander over the curry, then serve with the rice and yogurt alternative.