Loaded mushroom kebabs
Field mushrooms are perfect for soaking up a punchy marinade
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 36g
Share this recipe
- 8 large field mushrooms
- 1 tbsp sumac (optional)
- 4 Co-op wholemeal pittas
- Co-op olive oil, for brushing
Co-op GRO onion & garlic dip, to serve
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp all spice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp Co-op Irresistible cold pressed rapeseed oil
For the salsa
- 1 red onion, diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small chilli, diced (optional)
- 4 tbsp Co-op white wine vinegar
- Small bunch coriander, leaves torn, plus extra to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Put all the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the mushrooms and gently toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salsa. Leave to one side.
- Take two skewers and slide half the marinated mushrooms onto each, so they sit close together.
- Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with the sumac (if using). Bake for 20 mins, turning halfway.
- Change the oven to the grill setting and turn to high, or if you have a separate grill, preheat it to high. Grill the mushrooms for a further 10 mins, turning halfway.
- Heat a frying or griddle pan to high and toast the pittas on each side for 1 minute, until starting to char. Remove from the heat and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Season the mushrooms, then serve with the pittas, salsa and dip, with the extra coriander sprinkled over.