This Indian-style ice cream is so easy — no need to tell everyone though!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 2g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 litre Co-op semi skimmed milk
- 200ml Co-op double cream
- 50g Co-op demerara sugar
- 35g unsalted pistachios, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 35g ground almonds
- A few raspberries (optional)
- A few sprigs mint (optional)
- Bring the milk to the boil in a pan
- Add the cream and reduce the heat
- Simmer for 7-10 mins, stirring regularly, until just starting to thicken
- Add the sugar, pistachios and almonds and stir
- Simmer for 30-35 mins more, stirring regularly, until the mixture has reached the consistency of double cream
- Set aside to cool completely
- Divide the mixture between 6 small plastic cups
- Cover and put in the fridge until completely chilled, then freeze for 5 hours or overnight
- Remove the kulfis from the freezer 10-15 mins before serving
- Unmould onto plates and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios, plus a few raspberries and a sprig of mint, if you like