Mincemeat and marzipan tart
This festive tart couldn't be easier, with jarred mincemeat and ready-made pastry
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 39g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 320g pack puff pastry, at room temperature
- 300g Co-op mincemeat
- 125g Co-op marzipan
- 1 Co-op British egg, lightly beaten
- Serve with Co-op double cream (optional)
- Preheat a baking tray in a 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6 oven
- Lightly roll the pastry in both directions until it’s about the thickness of a 50p coin
- Cut a 23cm circle out and use it to line a shallow, round 19cm cake tin. Ease the pastry gently into the corners of the tin, letting it overhang slightly at the edges
- Cut the rest of the pastry into 1cm wide strips
- Spread the mincemeat onto the pastry, then cut the marzipan into pea-sized cubes, and scatter evenly over the top
- Brush the edge of the pastry case with beaten egg and weave the strips across the top, letting them hang over the edges of the tin and leaving a 2cm gap between each
- Gently press the strips of pastry into the edge of the tart to seal, trim off any excess with a knife and brush the top with beaten egg
- Place the tart on the hot baking tray and bake for 30–35 mins
- Leave to cool for at least 15 mins before serving with whipped double cream, if you like