Mini meringue ghosts
You can use these orange meringue ghosts to decorate our 'ghoulishly good cake'. If you're making with kids, make sure to help them with the piping
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 13g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 Co-op British free range egg whites
- 180g Fairtrade caster sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange food colouring
- Black writing icing, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 110°C/fan 90°C/gas ¼
- Using electric beaters, whisk 3 Co-op British free range egg whites in a large, clean bowl until white and frothy, but not quite forming soft peaks
- Whisk in 180g Fairtrade caster sugar, a spoonful at a time, beating for at least 30 seconds between each addition
- Add ¼ tsp lemon juice and whisk for 4-5 mins, or until almost all the sugar has dissolved
- Fold in 2 tsp orange food colouring and then transfer to a piping bag with a medium nozzle (about 1.3cm)
- Line a baking tray, using dots of meringue under the paper to help it stay in place
- Pipe out 16 ghosts, about 3-4cm high
- Bake for 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours, until crisp
- Leave to cool in the oven with the door open, then draw faces on them with black writing icing
- The meringues will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days