One-pan caprese pasta
There’s nothing like a plate of pasta to transport you straight to the Italian countryside. This dish uses vine ripened British tomatoes to mouthwatering effect
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 81g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 400g Co-op penne pasta
- 400g Co-op vine ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Co-op Italian tomato purée
- 2 tsp Co-op red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 50g Co-op mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 15g fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp grated Co-op parmesan wedge
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and fry the garlic and onion for 2 mins, until soft but not coloured
- Add 800ml of boiling water to the pan, followed by the pasta, tomatoes, tomato purée, vinegar, and sugar
- Simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 mins, stirring occasionally
- Remove from the heat and stir through the mozzarella and basil
- Serve immediately, with the parmesan scattered over and a generous grind of black pepper
Top tip: any pasta shape will work here — even odds and ends from nearly empty packets. There are no rules!