Overnight breakfast bake
Feed a crowd with this full English-inspired breakfast bake. It's a brilliant way to use up a slightly stale loaf and you can prepare it the night before.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 49g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 400g pack Co-op reduced fat pork sausages
- 330g pack Co-op cherry tomatoes
- 200g pack Co-op chestnut mushrooms, halved
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 6 Co-op British free range eggs
- 350ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 275g stale bread, cut into pieces
- 60g reduced fat Cheddar, grated
- 60g Co-op Gruyère, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the reduced fat pork sausages, cherry tomatoes and chestnut mushrooms into a greased 1.25-litre baking dish. Sprinkle over the dried sage and bake for 30 mins
- Remove everything with a slotted spoon and cut each sausage into three
- Beat the eggs with the milk and English mustard, then season
- Grease the dish with the olive oil, then layer up the stale bread, the sausage mixture, the egg custard and the reduced fat Cheddar and Co-op Gruyère, reserving some for the top
- Scatter over the remaining cheese, plus the chives, then cover and chill overnight
- Take the strata out of the fridge 30 mins before you’re ready to bake it, then preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Bake for 45 mins, until golden, then serve