Full of zingy, tropical flavour, this cordial makes use of every bit of the pineapple - so there's minimal waste
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 47g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 large pineapples
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, plus extra slices to garnish
- 200g Fairtrade caster sugar
- Still or sparkling water, to serve
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Roughly chop the pineapples into 3cm chunks, keeping the skin on and including the core
- Saving a few chunks to garnish, put in a medium saucepan and pour over just enough water to cover
- Add the lime zest and juice, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low Cover and simmer for 2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure the pan doesn’t boil dry, topping up with a little water if needed
- Take off the heat and strain through a colander, pressing down to extract all the juice. Pour the juice into a clean pan and add the sugar
- Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then simmer over a medium heat for 15 mins, to reduce a little
- Leave to cool slightly before straining through a fine sieve and pouring into a sterilised bottle
- To serve, dilute one part cordial to three parts still or sparkling water
- Garnish with the lime slices, mint and reserved pineapple chunks