These elegant nibbles are super-easy to put together — use any cheeses you like.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 16g
Share this recipe
- 1 garlic bulb
- ½ tsp Co-op olive oil
- 375g Co-op ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Co-op Italian mascarpone
- 50g Co-op French Roquefort, crumbled
- 30g Co-op walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 80g pack Co-op prosciutto crudo
- 1 Co-op British free range egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp grated Co-op Parmigiano Reggiano
- 150ml reduced fat soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut the top off the garlic bulb, drizzle over the olive oil, then wrap in foil. Bake for 40 mins, until soft.
- Lay the pastry vertically, then cut it in half horizontally. Spread the mascarpone on one piece, leaving a border round the edge. Sprinkle over half the Roquefort and walnuts, then top with the prosciutto.
- Brush the border with the egg, then put the other piece of pastry on top and press down the edges to seal. Lightly roll with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm thick, then brush with more egg and sprinkle over the remaining blue cheese and walnuts. Cut into 10 strips.
- Twist both ends of each strip a few times in opposite directions, then place on a lined baking tray. Brush with more egg and sprinkle over the grated Parmigiano Reggiano, then bake for 18-20 mins, until golden and crisp.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic and mix with the soured cream. Season, then serve alongside the twists.