Pumpkin houmous and ghostly dippers
This easy pumpkin houmous is vegan and low in saturated fat – nothing scary to see here!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 10g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 small pumpkin (about 1.5kg), top cut off and reserved, seeds removed and discarded
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 Co-op tortilla wraps
- 400g can Co-op chick peas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Pour ½ tbsp of the oil into the pumpkin hollow, along with the garlic, paprika, chilli, thyme and cumin
- Rub over the inside of the pumpkin, then transfer to a shallow baking tray
- Put the top back on the pumpkin and cook in the oven for 45-50 mins, until tender
- Meanwhile, brush each side of the tortillas with a little more oil
- Cut out ghost shapes and put on a baking tray
- Bake for the last 8-10 mins of the pumpkin cooking time, until crisp
- Pour any excess juice from inside the pumpkin into a bowl and reserve
- Remove most of the flesh, leaving a shell with the outer skin intact
- Put the flesh into a food processor, along with the chick peas, lemon juice, 2 tsp of the reserved pumpkin juice and the remaining olive oil
- Season well, then blitz until smooth.
- Spoon the houmous into the pumpkin shell, and serve with the ghostly dippers on the side