Quick beetroot and ginger pickle
Make this quick beetroot and ginger, a perfect addition to your Asian dish
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 14g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 500g beetroot, evenly sliced
- 125ml Water
- 500ml Kilner jar (or similar)
- 50g granulated sugar
- 20g fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, left whole, slit along one side
- ½ tspn peppercorns (pink or black)
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 250ml Aspall cyder vinegar
- Using a mandolin grater or a sharp knife and a steady hand, cut the beetroot horizontally into wafer thin slices. Pack into the Kilner jar
- Put the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring to a boil, pour the spiced vinegar over the beetroot and seal the jar
- Once cooled, refrigerate for at least 24 hours before eating
- The pickle will keep in the fridge for two weeks