Rajma (Simple kidney bean curry)
Try this kidney bean curry for a thrifty, easy dinner you can cook up in 25 minutes
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 55g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds (optional)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1–2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3–4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Co-op red kidney beans, drained
- 4 tbsp passata or tomato purée
- Squeeze of lime
- Handful coriander, chopped
- Melt the rapeseed oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, then add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds, if using
- When they start to pop, add the onions
- Cook for 2-3 mins, until lightly browned, then add the ginger, garlic and chilli, and cook for another 30 seconds
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the chopped coriander, plus 200ml water, and cook over a low heat for at least 10 mins, stirring regularly
- Stir the chopped coriander into the curry to serve
This recipe is from Saffron Soul by Mira Manek (Jacqui Small LLP). Photography by Nassima Rothacker.