Roasted parsnip and pear soup with Stilton
Roasted pear adds sweetness to this warming potato soup with a crispy bacon and crumbled Stilton topping.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 30g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 600g Co-op British parsnips, cut into wedges
- 4 Co-op Conference pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 litre chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 200g pack Co-op British smoked bacon lardons
- 50g Co-op crème fraîche
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 80g Co-op Irresistible blue Stilton®, crumbled
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- On a large baking tray, toss the parsnip, pear, potato, onion and nutmeg with the olive oil
- Season and roast in the oven for 40 mins, tossing occasionally, until softened and lightly caramelised
- Set aside some pear and parsnip to garnish and keep warm
- Put the rest of the pear mixture in a large pan, with the stock
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a nonstick pan until golden, 5 mins
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Take the soup off the heat and add most of the crème fraîche, the lemon juice and half the cheese. Blend with a stick blender until smooth, then season to taste
- If the soup is too thick, add a little water
- Top with the bacon, remaining crème fraîche, cheese, pear and parsnip, then drizzle with oil and scatter with parsley