Rosé cherries with vegan ice cream
This super-simple dessert, made with Fairtrade vegan rosé, takes little time and next to no effort!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 47g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 400ml Co-op Fairtrade South African rosé
- 100g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out (or 1 tsp vanilla paste)
- 3 x 200g packs Co-op cherries, pitted
- 12 Co-op thyme sprigs, plus 1 tsp picked leaves
- 6 scoops Co-op GRO salted caramel swirl ice cream
- Add the wine, 75g sugar and the vanilla to a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Bubble briskly for 4-5 mins until syrupy, add the cherries and cook for a few more minutes, then remove from the heat and add the thyme sprigs
- Leave to cool, then transfer to a shallow bowl and chill for at least an hour (or up to 24 hours ahead)
- Meanwhile, crush the 1 tsp thyme leaves into the remaining 25g sugar, and set aside
- To serve, discard the thyme sprigs and divide the cherries and syrup between bowls
- Top each with a scoop of ice cream and serve scattered with the thyme sugar