Salted chocolate truffles
These truffles make a great gift – try customising the toppings, using different colours and textures for maximum impact.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 8g
Share this recipe
- 40g toffees
- 50ml Co-op double cream
- 200g Co-op Irresistible
- Fairtrade 85% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade cocoa powder
- (we also used desiccated coconut and pistachios)
- You’ll also need sunflower oil, for greasing
- Put the toffees in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted. Stir in the double cream, then add the chocolate pieces and gently heat, stirring, until smooth. Away from the heat, stir in the salt. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool, then chill for at least 4 hours.
- To assemble, put the cocoa on a plate (plus any other toppings on separate plates). Lightly grease your hands, then roll a spoonful of the mixture between your palms; repeat to make 14.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa (or other toppings) to coat, then store in an airtight container, chilled.