Simple savoury spaghetti
The yeast extract gives this dish tons of complex savoury flavour — sometimes referred to as ‘umami’. Give it a try!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 63g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 300g Co-op spaghetti
- 25g Co-op unsalted butter
- 1 Co-op British trimmed leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp yeast extract
- 150ml hot vegetable stock, made with ½ reduced salt stock cube
- 200g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- 60g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 25g Co-op vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the leek and cook for 5 mins, until starting to caramelise
- Mix the yeast extract into the hot vegetable stock, then pour it over the leek mixture
- Stir in the peas, then season and cook for 5 mins, until slightly reduced
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking water
- Add the pasta to the leek and yeast extract sauce, toss to coat, then add a splash of the cooking water to loosen
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and top with the pine nuts, parsley and grated cheese