Spring chickpea minestrone
Swap pasta for chickpeas in this easy soup that's low in saturated fat and packed with spring veg.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 50g
Share this recipe
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- ½ onion, quartered
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, stems intact
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 100g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 80g frozen Co-op British garden peas
- 50g Co-op sliced spring greens
- 400g can Co-op chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 slices Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer, toasted, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large nonstick saucepan and add the onion. Cook on a medium-high heat for 4-5 mins, remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the fennel seeds and garlic, then season. Fry on a low heat for 2 mins.
- Return the cooked onion to the pan, along with 800ml water and the parsley. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins. Carefully transfer the soup to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, broccoli, peas, spring greens and chickpeas, then season. Cook for 7-8 mins, or until the broccoli is tender. Garnish with the lemon zest, then serve with the sourdough on the side.